Invisalign is an orthodontic treatment that uses clear aligners to straighten teeth without metal wires or brackets. At Allouez Family Dental, the aligners are custom-made for each patient and are made from smooth, comfortable, and virtually invisible plastic. They are removable, so patients can easily eat what they want and clean their teeth.
However, the aligners should be worn for at least 20-22 hours daily for the best results. In addition to being comfortable and convenient to wear, Invisalign is also effective for many types of misalignment.
How Does Invisalign Work?
When you come for your Invisalign appointment, we will take an impression of your teeth using our advanced digital scanner. This impression will then be used to create a 3D image of your smile and a digital treatment plan showing what your smile will look like after treatment is completed. This image can be tweaked and changed as needed so that you can see how each change alters the overall appearance of your smile.
Once you are satisfied with how your smile looks on the 3D computer model, we can move forward with treatment. This is a big difference from traditional braces, where adjustments cannot be made until the orthodontic equipment is placed in the patient’s mouth.
With Invisalign, you can see what your smile will look like before undergoing any procedures. This can be an immense comfort to patients who may be nervous about visiting an orthodontist for the first time and starting treatment with orthodontic appliances. Invisalign allows patients to see the final results before they are even finished with their first set of aligner trays. This helps them be more confident in their decision to get treatment and allows us to provide more personalized care.
The Benefits of Invisalign
- They’re virtually invisible, so no one can tell you’re wearing an orthodontic appliance unless you tell them.
- There are no wires or brackets to irritate your mouth, so you feel more comfortable eating your favorite foods.
- The aligner trays are removable so that you can take them out for special events or important occasions.
- Since you can remove the aligners, you can brush and floss normally for better oral hygiene during treatment.
- Treatment is more comfortable than with traditional braces because the plastic aligner material doesn’t cause mouth abrasions.
- You don’t have to worry about getting poked by a bracket or wire when you chew your food.
- Since Invisalign aligners are more discreet, you don’t have to worry about feeling self-conscious about your appearance while undergoing orthodontic treatment.
- Adults and older teens can benefit from Invisalign because they offer the same benefits as traditional metal braces without the look of braces.
Invisalign treatment is ideal for patients looking to straighten their teeth discreetly and comfortably without metal braces. For information on Invisalign, visit Allouez Family Dental at 2805 Libal Street, Suite C, Green Bay, WI 54301, or call (920) 339-8980.